Tuesday 16 March 2010

Pre Production Project - Hand in stuff
















Wow, when was the last time I blogged. Been one intense term in the last couple of weeks. I ammm burnt out. Once again my time management was questionable. It wasn't that I didn't put the time in , it was the way I used it. My usual indecisiveness was the ruin of me. I really need to get over this whole inability to just stick to something and just go with it. As a result I started trying to push the style in a drawing style but didn't leave enough time to make the colour images up to scratch, ending up doing all the colour work in the space of 48 hours as I had spent to long trying out, watercolours, inks, pencils and photoshop styles. So in the end I have conceptual pieces in a more photoshoped gouache style and a final background in watercolour, worked over with photo shop .

In the end however I have now realised I really want to start pushing my style in the direction of some of the great conceptual designers that I had been looking at such as Lou Romano and the way he uses Gouache. I tried to produce some of my conceptual work in this style however I was doing it in photoshop. I also loved Pete De Seves work and found him extreemly inspiring for my character designs. Unfortunately I couldn't nail watercolours and ink to a standard I was happy with ( De Seve uses this for his characters) that I could get to look good for animation purposes.

If I were to do it again I would have my style finalised in a more gouache look but I think I will save this for a future project I'm thinking 3rd year project and pushing the conceptual side more into the animation as it really kills me how it never fully makes it through. Anyways I'm sure that made no sense but I will throw some images at you from the project hand in and maybe I'll put some development up here at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment