Wednesday 10 November 2010

Inspiration




After being given the go ahead on my project I stumbled across an animation by Arjen Klaverstijin called Manfred. Though the story doesn't seem compelling at all the stylization more than makes up for it. Very similar to what I am going for with my project, very simple 2D and 3D concept were he has made a simple yet aesthetically pleasing believable world. I didn't want to steal a style from animation but this more or less hits the nail on the head. So to add that as my main source of inspiration along with: Mary and Max, Lost and Found, The Lost thing, Skhizien, Harvie Krumpet, Don Shank, Lou Romano and American Beauty. Either way check this out, its an awesome graduate film and has been featured in Cartoon Brew and the like!

http://www.arjenklaverstijn.com/category/animations/

No comments:

Post a Comment