Monday 2 November 2009

3D Emotion Change

Before I went into the emotion change I tried acting it out, I'm supposed to be watching the football or something and suddenly they score, my acting however is awful. As shows:




I then went on to animate this trying to over exaggerate this and pretty much make it a lot better than my shocking attempt however key poses did help.


After finishing my 3D attempt at emotion change in Maya I feel like I have got worse. I have learnt a lot about Maya this week but the performance was really really average. I was gutted with the timing of the jump and the way it floated, I also really wanted to get more anticipation into the anxiety part more twitchy actions and the like. The part where I went wrong was getting the timing right, I'm not sure of the best way to efficiently change the timing of the animation to add gaps etc in 3D. The only way I get it to work is if I take all the parts separately and move them in the graph editor accordingly as otherwise something is always left behind even though I could swear they are all under one Character set. This is something I will have to learn for this next project which I am really looking forward to. Watching the pieces on the 11 second club are really inspiring if not daunting. Most of the winning pieces are from animators with years of experience but it's pretty sweet to have a set brief almost like it was set by a client for a film. I have read a few of the interviews from the winners and I'm going to go about this one starting of with a basic 2D block out animation to really get the idea of what I want from the character and then try and make it work in 3D fluidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment