Monday 26 October 2009

1001....

Week 2s task was to animate lifting a box. I had to get stuck into this early as I was off for the weekend and I knew for me it would be a slow process. At first I was really happy with how it was going I got the hang of the graph editor and I was getting a bit of natural character into Dee before he lifted the box. From there it then all went wrong really as he was off balance, I had problems establishing the weight without the box going through Dee etc etc. My first run through I key framed the box on its way up as well before Matt showed me how to constrain. This did make it appear more like it was being a little affected by gravity at the beginning but soon lost that on its way up. When I realized that the lift was too fast and the box was rocking a bit I realized I had to redo the arms.


When I went to improve it I lost a lot of the anticipation as I was getting annoyed with Maya and just started to rush it through, it shows as Dee picks up the box with no effort to start with and then the weight develops. Overall its a bit average. However for the first time I really started to enjoy using Maya as I found my way around without trouble to start with, times changed towards the 2nd half as I messed up and lost patience with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment