Wednesday 5 May 2010

Negotiated Brief

So my negotiated brief..... For this I just really wanted to get a bit more knowledge of 3D modeling. Though I do find it tedious at times the drive to make the characters appear in a 3D world and bring them alive keeps me going.

As I had already created some characters in 0ne of the previous projects I sort out tubby Shakespeare as my character of choice.

I proceeded to try and model his head in clay, this was fun, it was hands on and you got instant feedback ( unlike maya and dragging vertex points). Turns out my side view drawings were a joke so had to redraw them. What works in 2D doesn't necessarily work in 3D.
After redrawing I got them ready to be modelled from. As most characters seemed to be poly models I went for that approach with the general aim to produce a smooth model as similar to my drawings as possible with added aesthetic changes if I felt needed. At current I am trying to recreate the head, I'm enjoying the process although I think I may have to start again with my edge looping seeming a little dodgy. I have the rings from the mouth going to far round the face which seems unlike other topology models I have looked at. Thee cheeks being so high up on him are a pain. Anyway I'll keep posting on progress with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment