Saturday 17 October 2009

Life Drawing Week 2



For this weeks lifedrawing I was opting to start to use different materials as pencil and charcoal can be quite boring and I want to think about materials for the experimental project. So I went for some Ink lines to mix it up, from the photos it actually looks the same as charcoal. Any way the images above are some quick poses of around 2 mins. The below ones are the sustained poses varying between 10 -20 mins. I can feel myself getting more confident with life drawing, proportions are starting to improve etc so I'm actually enjoying it this year.

Using the ink was different but is so much more satisfying to use than pencil and the like , it just flows across the surface and has more substance. I wish I had used a few differentcolours though to liven them up. My favourite pose is the bottom left, Kathy talked about how the last thing to be able to really accomplish in life drawing is getting the feeling of depth when parts of the body are coming towards you, she talking of over exaggeration to the point of believability that gives it that something extra, I didn't go over the top but this pose has the most depth, even if I didn't quite get it right. The only think that I didn't take to with the ink was the lack of detail that you could get into the face making it difficult not to botch it. Most of them I did just that...

No comments:

Post a Comment