Thursday 8 October 2009

Lifedrawing ... First Session



10 mins 30 mins 10 mins

These are 3 of the main life drawings from todays session. I only did half the session as I felt awful so I was surprised I could actually crack out a few drawings. My favourite of the 3 is the orange one as the lines are crisper and she has more shape. All of them though don't have enough contrast in them and are merely line drawings I need to start working shadow back in to build mass as opposed to just a flat object to bring it to life and out of the paper. Before I went to the session I was dreading it as last year I felt inferior to everyone and it was quite intimidating, I tried to draw with confidence in these and it showed as I got down what I saw quickly ( for me ) without taking forever to decide what should go where. I loved working back on an easel again and I look forward to next week in between I will be doing figurative drawings so I should build a more solid style as I grow in confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment